Scribbley News


6 August 2010

What's Been Going Town in Scribbletown

Hello my lovelies, wow, well what's been happening?

The Ladies & Gentlecreatures show came and went in a blink of an eye it seems. I'm really pleased I took the time to do the show, really get back in touch with my own work and had the chance to push the direction of my work somewhere a bit different.


Natural Hi

It was a crazy week in the run up to the opening. (Note to self: allow like a month after you finish your pieces to sort out your prints. leaving it to the last week to have everything photographed is nuts, even if the printers say they can do it in two and a half hours they mean they will do it in that time at some-point in a week!) but even with the lack of sleep, plate spinning, money spending etc. I had a great time and I met some great people who really helped me physically and mentally get the show together. Special thanks goes to CLC Marketing for sponsoring the show.

I was pleased with the space, the old Georgian doors and panelling in the basement gallery seemed a fitting backdrop for the work.

Sometimes You Gotta Just Hug it Out

I have to admit that by the opening evening I was somewhat of a wreck and a bundle of nerves as to how it was going be received. Being centre stage has never been my strong suit and to have that public focus on myself and the work which is an extension of myself was a frightening step but to see people spend time studying and discussing the work amongst themselves felt good. So to all of you who took the time to venture down and check out the work and leave a message in the comments book I left a big thank you.

Here's a few more pieces from the show.
I'm working on making all work available online for purchase so watch this space. You can currently get the limited edition prints from Iksentrik.co.uk. There are only 10 of each print so grab them while you can because there will be no re-prints!

Foxy Moma

In This Masquerade

A Girls Best Friends

Tea With Company

Check out my flickr for more pieces from the show.

Love & Scribbles x

2 comments:

Karen said...

These are all so wonderful! My favorite is the top drawing. She's just adorable. Great work you've got here!

Jessica Enneby Eldenstjärna said...

they're all sooooo beautiful! yay! you go girl! many x-es Jessica from illustration the year above you.. frineds with Anne and Nina - you know..? :)